Monday, January 16, 2017

You Spin me Right Round

I completed my project making the record carousel.

I procrastinated and my dad (who helped me put together my creation) went on a week long hunting trip in Oklahoma, so that also set off the construction process. Otherwise things went pretty smooth and assembling it was fairly easy.

I went to thee thrift store and found an old table lamp. I took the shade off, the bulb, and the top part that you attach the shade to. I got an old bicycle rim from Andie and I just cleaned it up and took the reflector off. I also went to TJ Maxx and got wooden pants hangers.

I took all of my supplies out to the shop and we shaved down the screw on the rim so that we could wedge it into the top of the lamp stand with a hammer. We just then clipped the hangers on the records and hung them around the rim.

We had some issues with weight balance and it may or may not have fallen off my tall dresser, and it may or may not still be a little bit crook. But that's ok. It works, and I think in the future I'm going to update it and find a way a anchor it down.

Overall I'm very pleased with my new invention and can't wait to take advantage of it's usefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment